Compilation process is obviously slower than for
a non-optimizing compiler, also for .prg since
it's also compiled by C compiler.

Here it should be noted that plain -gc2 built
.c files can just be compiled using any C compiler
option (ie. without optimization), since it cannot
be optimized anyway. [ maybe such optimization can
be added to hbmk2, to turn off C compiler optimization
in this scenario. But it can be done manually as well,
for those who use default <= -gc2 options. ]

[ In -gc3 mode the situation is different, but
-gc3 isn't very good for app level code in general. ]

Anyway for interim / local / developer's build it's
fine to use C compiler without optimizations (and
maybe with enabled debugging option), and for final
build use the "slow", but optimal settings. That's
the whole idea of "release" vs "debug" builds.

With Harbour/hbmk2 it's quite easy to switch
compilers, or toggle optimizations.

Brgds,
Viktor