On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Mindaugas Kavaliauskas wrote:

Hi,

> in ChangeLog I found some -j<n> option for parallel compile jobs.
> How can it use it?
> I'm trying:
>   win-make.exe -j4
> but I see no compile speed improvement.

This option enables simultaneous compilation of different files.
It means that it will not change the compilation of single file
at all but when many files have to be compiled and -j<n> is passed
as GNU make parameter then it creates upto <n> processes and each
of them is used to compile different files. So the total compilation
time of is greatly reduced on multi CPU machine.
Personally I'm using -j4 or -j5 on my 3 CPU machine and it reduces
total Harbour compilation time about 3 times.