Hi,

> And added HB_TRACEs to see the behavior of the caret.
> Note that, with the current code, try creating the caret without focus
> (window is the background) and always show caret if exist. All of this can
> affect in the tests.
> Attached gtwvt.zip (gtwvt.h,gtwvt.c) with the changes, I think is better:
> please check.
> Of course if I marking invalidate the previous cursor position the issue
> also disappears but I'm only masking them.
>
> I would appreciate if someone could do a self-contained example, any help is
> welcome.
> IMHO for now and to production proposals is better remack with #if 0 the
> establishment of WS_EX_LAYERED.

Sorry, but this is not good solution. I'm using GTWVT
quite extensively on a number of different systems, but
yet I have no idea what sort of issue you are having. If it
bothers you, turn it off locally, but don't force it to all users
until we know exactly what it is (maybe local driver problem).

BTW there were a lot of screen painting irregularities without
WS_EX_LAYERED, when the window was behind another
window and foremost window was moved. It also fixes painting
issue when app is doing a loop, or otherwise unresponsive.

Brgds,