Hi Viktor,

I don't understand this patch, it's against an older version
of the files (missing my last minor update), you added

Me neither, I guess that Tortoise always makes the patch with the latest
version... I correct it manually, no problem.
Maybe it's better to do all the changes in the repository or don't change any
in a file under discussion. I don't know.

conditional code for layered mode (why?) and you still try
to force your setcancel hack. It also employs trick to track
focus, and I'm not sure I like it.

Conditional compiler time code with layered mode is to link the two issues.
Use layered model by the buffer like a opaque window when is not opaque until
remove the attribute.
It's also faster without WS_EX_LAYERED and simple not have to check if exist
WS_EX_LAYERED and not exit WS_EX_COMPOSITED.

I want to record in the code, in the form of a conditional compiler time, the
option.
It's not a whim. I've help and moved many codes Clipper to Harbour. I don't know what answer when asked to why left the execution of a code-protected by SetCancel(.F.)/SetCancel(.T.) when clicked [X] on title windows bar. I say that use SET CLOSABLE OFF new in Harbour but they say it's too easy to forget and the codes are already written. Then I think why not say so in public devel-list but... I also think it is better to keep quiet because it's my job. :(

UpdateCaret try create caret when is in the background, I like to keep clean Windows LastError whenever possible and easy. In problems like this can be important. Trick to track focus allow this, can also be interesting to know this condition.

IMO the issue to be resolved doesn't justify any sort
of irregular tricks or any chance for performance drop down.

I agree and I think, of course, don't do this.

Pls consult with Przemek about it.

Ok.

Best regards,
Xavi