>> Added .fmg. "Custome extension" wide opens the scope though I
>> will think.
>
> I'll use the available extensions.
> BTW, custom extension was my need because i use a selfmade repository of the
> application objects (in other words, a data driven engine) and i need to
> include into the project the files containing the objects descriptors,
> avoiding that hbIDE will compile it. I was ignoring that .xml, .ini and
> other extensions was yet managed by hbIDE, so the problem don't exists.

Is it not simpler to not limit extensions, just offer '*' / '*.*'?

IMO, adding user or 3rd party (non-free) specific extensions
hard-wired into hbide (or any Harbour code) is very bad idea.

Of course another more complicated way is to make this configurable
(f.e. via hbide.ini).

> This was also because i asked for the association of extension with a
> command ( a la xDevStudio ), allowing that the builder will apply to
> proprietary resouce files based on extension.

AFAIR this has been implemented, and now you can call
'hbide my.hbp' to launch a project.

Adding necessary file type association is left as a job
for users, as it's highly platform dependent and some
users may not like such tampering in local environment.

Brgds,