On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, Winston Garcia wrote:

Hi,

> What requirements are needed the computer server ?
> for 10  conections ?
> for 50  conections ?
> for 100 conections ?

It depends on what you want to do with it.
It gives two things.
Dedicated for RDD file server and here are similar conditions to
file server computers.
Probably the most important is system performance and as servers
Linux seems to be much better choice.
The second thing realized by HBNETIO is RPC support so you can
move some parts of your application to the server side. Here you
have to decide yourself what is necessary to execute your code
on the server side by many different client.

When I'll find some spare time then I'll also add to HBNETIO
support for server communication channels what should nicely
extend HBNETIO functionality, i.e. HBNETIO server can be used
on client side to give direct access to local devices/resources
controlled by server side application and also to send simultaneously
asynchronous events like incoming data on COM ports when they appear
without explicit requests from the application. This should help users
to move most of the application to the server side and make this part
event driven. This will be the 3-rd HBNETIO job.
I already implemented this extension for my own use but it's not
ready to commit to SVN because I have to clean yet its public API.
I think I'll do that in next month.