Antonio Maniero wrote:

>> Just background color is there, not the number and round numbers (10,20,
> 30, etc). I think you should overhaul Theme Manager to allow change
> background color for any item just like all other IDEs. An item on theme
> is
> a text element like any other. Text element has font type, size, color, bg
> color, italic tag, bold tag, underline tag, etc)

Ok, I got it. Will include soon.
To be exact, not every element in themes manager belongs to a label
having attributes such as type,size etc. Yah, line numbers are certainly in
this
category but rest every element is a syntax rule and is implemented
differently
than what we preceive for a text label.

> For same reason that spc->tab is needed. To meet all programmers need not
> just the ones using spaces for tabulation.

I would like if group also forwards opinion on this matter.

>> Low->Upcase                           =  Is already there.
>> Up->Lowcase                           =  Is already there.
>>

> Is it in new release?

No, since begining. Selecet some text, click on left-side toolbar icon
"ToUpper".

>> A candidate for final "Setup" dialog, I have put it to last.
>> But probably we must not go towards <Tab> inculsion. Many of the
>> repositories are immune to it. Also we do not advocate it in Harbour SVN.
>>
>> If HbIDE don't have this feature it will be the only one in the market.

We are primarily focussed on Xbase dialect compilers only.
It is not our goal to make hbIDE universal as yet. So I will look
forward to group decision.

>> Yes, and a must have, and is on my todo list.
>> But before I start, we must be very clear how and where the backups
>> will saved. So far I am not been able to devise a proper location.
>> Remember, hbIDE is a Project Builder and Text Editor two in one,
>> Projects are independant of editing sessions, though I save a source
>> if it falls in included project(s) before building.
>>
>> I totally agree.

So what is your and groups opinion in this regard.

> > Usage Search (context menu) to find usage locations from a function.
>
> You can point and right-click on a name function (a call or declaration)
and the IDE find all calls used on entire project. To know where a function
was used is essential to refactoring. And Logic to build function list put
us on more than half way to implement usage search. Without go deep on code
I think this feature will be very ease to be implemented.

This is available under "Find-in-Files" protocol. Tell me if that is not
enough.

>> > Copy to Clipboard with formation (keeping syntax highlite).
>> >

>> Where this information will be used ?
>> Syntax highlighting are a rule and not an attribute of text itself.
>> Yes, if we know the target where it will be used, we will encapsulate
>> thus target to honot syntax-highlighting rules.
>>
>> To post on a blog, to create a document. Put on RTF format is my guess.
> Should be target independent, export to clipboard with formatting is IDE
> problem only.

Oh, I get it.
But this is not possible as I stated earlier. Text editors are not a RTF
oriented.
They are plain text oriented and highlighting is applied to them under
totally
diiferent way which in turn does not offer those attributes to be copied.

>> > Full screen mode.
>>
>> How I can toggle HbIDE to Full Screen mode?

If I am taking it right, click on "maximize" button on right of titlebar.
Or am I misunderstandng you.

>> > GoTo/View Declaration (context menu, maybe opening a new tab or
>> splitting
>> > editor) When parameters tips is not enough.
>>
>> You point and right-click a name function (just on calls) and you see the
> function declaration (implementation) on a new tab or on a splitted
> editor.

You have it.
First time( after projects are defined ): Re-tag all projects through
"Projects Functions"
Every next time: Right-click on a function name in the editor and select
"Goto Function".
A new editor will open up. If there are more than one source will have that
function's body,
"Projects Functions List" dialog will show up for selection.

>> > Show file size and other properties of current file on status bar.
>>
>> I agree. Maybe just file size is ok. Let's gonna think about improved the
> Project explorer to put more information about the files.

I think I have included everything on the "Welcome" tab on "Stats" panel.
Click on any node in "Projects" and you will be shown all sources contained
within with many attributes, viz., size, last modified, etc. Tell me what
else would/should be included there.

> In name of flexibility status bar items need to be configurable. Many
> items
> there is useless for me but others is needed. The user should choose the
> right items for him. This is turns status bar more useful to individuals
> reducing the clutter.

This would certainly be a very good feature.
I will try to implement it.

>> > Task/ToDo List
>>
>> Not important now but is a simple list of items to help organize thew
>> user
> workflow. Later HbIDE could scan project to find comments with tags TODO,
> FIXIT, DOCUMENTIT, etc to fill task list automatically. The first step is
> allow user add his own tasks. This is a simple data entry in browser mode
> with two or three fields (Description, the type of task and maybe the
> deadline).
> Not a core feature.

Should be easy. Let us think some other details which may be imposrtant.

>> > Clipboard manager
>>
>> Allow multiple items on clipboard. Windows Clipboard has only one item,
> application should implement its own clipboard manager to allow multiple
> items. Manager should allow the user access any items easily and should
> have
> a box to manage the items.
> Do you have the MS-Word?

This will be also be a good feature.
Note: color syntax details will certainly be missing.
Should every item be "named" like snippets or just ...
Also, should the contents be persistent or only for current session?

>> > While debugger is not possible, put a BreakPoint in code (Just an
>> implicit
>>
>> First part or second part?
>
> The second one is almost a joke. This is relatively new technology. It's
> very hard to implement although I think not so much to Harbour. But first
> we
> need to have a solid traditional debugger.

As stated on my web-site also, I am poor in debugging protocols and
have little insight how it can be implemented in a transparent way in hbIDE.

>> Not a priority. It's a Post-it to take some notes about the project not
> appropriate to comments. For individual use.

Just like clipboard manager or todo list. Are easy but before we must
be clear about its behavior.

>> Database editor
>>
>> To far future. In simple words, a fancy and multi target DBU.

Sure, I will implement.

>> > HbIDE have command line options?
>>
>> hbide hbide.ini
>> hbide someproject.hbp
>> hbide someproject.hbp somesource1.prg ...
>> hbide somesource1.prg ...
>>

> And switches?

None.
What type of switch you would like to have ?

>> I wanna see some refactoring on code to make HbIDE more extensible
>> friendly.
>> I like to see an API.
>>
> The code need to be more friendly to any programmer call some functions to
> extend IDE's functionality. HbIDE should be a public and stable API to
> users
> extend IDE easily. Something like a plugin system, but because the open
> nature of project, more flexible and more simple.

Probably I need an example what you have in mind, to start with.
It should be easy though.

> I have difficulties to write in English so I need to write less than I
> would
> like and I write wrongly more than I would like.

Ansolutely not.
I think group is surely enjoying your view points.

-----
     enjoy hbIDEing...
        Pritpal Bedi
http://hbide.vouch.info/