>>> I am compiling/linking a extremely large project
>>> with hbIDE, hbMK2 ( hbMK2 is slightly modified to supply
>>> sources to Harbour compiler one-by-one, rest remaining the
>>> same as is ) with -xhb switch.
>>
>> Too bad, this way we will never know what the real problem is.
>> Did you read my last e-mail regarding more possible tips?
>>

> Yep.
>
> Then I searched the sources for #pragma directives.
> Because I am not the author of those sources, I never knew that
> multiple #pragma directives were in use. And that was the potential
> reason to get thousands of warnings which ultimately was killing
> the process.

So this was the problem.

I hope Przemek can take an expert look on this issue,
as I'm sure it's not intentional that such options are
changing across sources. F.e. this causes unpredictable
results for anyone using 'harbour *.prg' on a *nix
system f.e. These pragmas are meant to be per file.

> With this method I am able to compile all sources.
> After a couple of hours I will post what exactly I changed in the hbMK2
> to accept switches per source, may be you consider it to be included
> in hbMK2 to make it more versatile engine.

Sorry, but as I told I don't want to include it.
I find it totally wrong on several levels.

Rather, the #pragma handling should be fixed.

>> I don't know why and how xhb tries to use _errno,
>> but if you can check how xhb's own build system links the
>> final executable and compare it with the hbmk2 link
>> command, maybe we can get closer to the solution.
>>

> It is xMate and open-source xHarbour we use.
> The only difference I can see is in C switches what xMate
> supplies and what hbMK2 supplies. I will show it a little later.
>
> May be this could be caused by C sources order or supply.

It's possible.