Konnie -

A station that is regularly received on 1540 kHz. at my QTH that is not far
from yours is CHIN Toronto, once WCDC, Albany NY (an evangelical Christian
station) signs off, usually around 10pm local (0300 UT).  CHIN relays China
Radio International during the evening and overnight hours in English and
Chinese.  As Glenn stated, the station probably lost its satellite feed for a
time on the nights you mentioned.

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY