Searching for "Westwood One AMC8 Transponder 23" on the internet brought up an
e-mail on another reflector with the following from September 15, 2013:

"1540 AM Albany - Down

                                                        AM 1540 Albany (I can't
keep track of their call letters any
more) is currently running my favorite "This is Westwood One Radio
Networks AMC 8 Transponder 23. To authorize your receiver call Westwood
One Denver Operations at 720-xxx-xxxx from 8AM-10PM Eastern Time."
*BEEP*

Westwood One AMC 8 seems to be a satellite that feeds a number of commercial
radio networks.  So looks like this station was -- either accidentally or maybe
on purpose to tune up -- rebroadcasting the marker signal of its feed
satellite.

Regards,
Art Delibert
N. Bethesda, MD