People complain that there's nothing but talk, religion and politics left
on Shortwave. I choose to listen to 90.4 Oman FM on shortwave because it is
something different. We have to support the stations we have left on
Shortwave or soon what little we have will begin disappearing.

Let the stations you listen to know you're listening. Even if they don't
always answer back, trust me, they've noticed you're writing and have
notice that you're listening

One station or another on Shortwave may not be exactly what you're after
but open your mind a bit and you'll find something to enjoy.

Wether you or others want to admit it, Shortwave is slowly dwindling and
with good reason. Technology, smartphones, internet and etc.. sure there
are countries where internet is expensive/slow or heavily censored but can
an organization afford to spend hundreds of thousands a year for what may
be a few hundred listeners a month? Lets face it, we in the US are lucky..
we have my money and the ease of access much better listening equipment. A
moderately sized portion of what we hear like Radio New Zealand
International, Radio Australia and BBC is just spill over from being in an
area for a good second hop. We were never in the stations target area.
Sure, the BBC and others have ceased targeting the US on SW, and why should
they? For a few hundred listeners when much better high quality tech is out
there?

Some ask why I listen to shortwave at all when I could listen on a
smartphone app in many cases? I do listen to Oman FM via their Smartphone
app from time to time, but to me there is something really cool about
hearing a radio station from many many many thousands of miles away.

Anyways, it was another fantastic signal and good audio today Nov 1 at
1510UTC from my favorite shortwave relay, 90.4 Oman FM via 15140khz
(100,000 watts) in Thumrait, Oman 🇴🇲 Oman FM is an english language
hit/pop music station with some classic tracks tossed in and the Thumrait
shortwave site on 15140khz, 12015khz, 9540khz, 13660khz relays Oman as well
as others. Both the FM and SW stations are owned by the sultanate Of Oman
government.

Here's a short video of 15140khz this morning, November 1st at 1510UTC

https://player.vimeo.com/video/240844962

I should note that 15140khz has been alot better as of late.. noticeably
better. Even after I upgraded my antenna early this summer there were days
were the signal was poor and audio was way down in the noise. But, for the
last few weeks, its been anywhere between fair to excellent.