First up - did the Vice President authorize torture?

Dick Cheney tells ABC News in an exclusive exit interview that he authorized
the water boarding of prisoners as Vice President. Is water boarding torture?
Well have that debate with Vanity Fair's Chris Hitchens and MSNBC's Michael
Smerconish.

For more on the Cheney interview:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hdqKzplVX_ZTZugjcBEKHFIRQujgD953QL2O0

Next - the Blagojevich corruption case is turning out to be a major distraction
for President-elect Barack Obama. Is there a perception problem here? Plus,
Illinois Governor Blagojevich addressed the allegations of corruption today.
We'll show you what he said and bring you the latest on this story with
Newsweek's Michael Isikoff and Attorney Stan Brand.

For more on the Blagojevich corruption case:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/17/AR2008121702375.html?hpid=topnews

And is nepotism alive and well in the U.S. Senate? We'll tackle that one with
the Politico's Charles Mahtesian and the WashingtonPost.com's Chris Cillizza.

Plus, which soon-to-be Cabinet secretary wore a cowboy hat to a press
conference this morning? We'll have that and more on the Hardball Sideshow.

And in the Politics Fix - the latest on the ongoing Minnesota Senate recount
with Time Magazine's Michael Duffy and the New York Times's John Harwood.

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
And, don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" and MSNBC.com's political
calendar.