First up - Blagojevich takes his defense to the people!

On the day his impeachment trial began, embattled Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D-IL)
appeared on the morning show circuit to proclaim his innocence. We'll bring you
what he said along with reaction from Newsweek's Howard Fineman and the Chicago
Sun-Times Lynn Sweet.

For more, see http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/us/politics/27illinois.html?hp

Plus, today's news of widespread job cuts is upping pressure on Pres. Obama's
administration to win bipartisan support for its stimulus plan. We'll bring you
both sides of the debate with Reps. Robert Wexler (D-FL) and Phil Gingrey
(R-GA).

For more, see
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/26/AR2009012600497.html?hpid=topnews

And in our new segment - the First 100 Days - we'll take an in-depth look at
the Obama presidency. Today, Pres. Obama continued his break from the Bush
administration by allowing states to set auto emissions standards. We'll ask
NBC Chief White House Correspondent Chuck Todd and the Hardball strategists
Todd Harris and Steve McMahon to weigh in.

See this link http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/us/politics/27calif.html?hp

In the Politics Fix - what potential impact could the bizarre saga of Gov.
Blagojevich have on the Obama administration? Atlantic Media's Ron Brownstein
and The Washington Post's Perry Bacon will give you their thoughts.

Plus in the Hardball Sideshow, Oprah Winfrey responds to Gov. Blagojevich's
revelation that he considered her for Pres. Obama's vacant senate seat.