First up, the President takes the offensive.

This afternoon, the President gave a major press conference covering a wide
range of crucial national issues from healthcare to Iran to the economy. New
polls indicate there's increased pressure on the President from the public on
thes issues. What did the press conference accomplish? What's next for the
White House? We'll play Hardball with Senior Advisor to the President, David
Axelrod.

For the transcript of the press conference, go to:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/23/us/politics/23text-obama.html?_r=1

Next up, in the press conference President Obama set out to alleviate concerns
represented in new polls on healthcare and the economy. He also expressed a
clear message on Iran's post-election chaos. We'll ask NBC News White House
Correspondent Chuck Todd and Politico's Roger Simon for analysis of the press
conference.

For more on the Presidential press conference go to:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/us/politics/24webobama.html?hp

Plus, the GOP has criticized President Obama on every front, from healthcare
reform to his response on Iran. How will Republicans respond to the President's
press conference? We'll ask Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-TX) for her take.

For more on the GOP vs Obama fight on Iran, go to:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/22/AR2009062202388.html

And in the Politics Fix, we'll talk to MSNBC Political Analyst and Author of
"Renegade" Richard Wolffe and Mother Jones Washington Bureau Chief David Corn
about Governor Sanford's hike, Michelle Obama's entrance on the healthcare
debate, the DC Metro disaster and the rest of the day's political news.

For more on the day's political events, go to:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/

Also, be sure to to tune in for Hardball's tribute to the legendary Ed McMahon.