On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 14:59, CS Wagner wrote:

[KSB] <...snip...>

> As for VMWare et al, that is not allowed with this project.  I had to
> fight a major uphill battle to get them to allow purchasing Windows to
> run the GUI version of CPRS.  The initial project plan requested a free
> OS for both the server and clients.  After proving that it would cost
> way too much to get CPRS to run on Linux, they caved on the fact that
> purchasing new client PCs will include the Windows OS - so it isn't
> really an added expense.

You may not need VMWare.  I think that you could probably run Windows
2003 and run CPRS GUI in terminal server sessions which can be tunneled
over ssh, which I think you said is permitted.

You can save money on the client since you wouldn't need to purchase new
client PCs with Windows licenses.  You can boot them and run Linux live
CDs, wtih rdesktop (http://www.rdesktop.org), a Windows terminal server
client that runs on Linux.  That way, the client PCs can even be
scrounged from the corporate yard sale (local disks are only needed for
virtual memory paging).

-- Bhaskar

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential and/or privileged information
intended only for the person(s) named.
Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by another person is strictly prohibited.

NOTE: Ce courriel est destine exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) mentionne(s)
ci-dessus et peut contenir de l'information privilegiee, confidentielle et/ou
dispensee de divulgation aux termes des lois applicables. Si vous avez recu ce message
par erreur, ou s'il ne vous est pas destine, veuillez le mentionner immediatement a
l'expediteur et effacer ce courriel.