Hello Kevin,

Expect is a server side utility and you should be able to install it with
out too much trouble.  Are you using SMIT, the admin utility for AIX?  It
should be your friend if you are not comfortable performing admin functions
on a AIX box.

You should be able to type smit at a root or root privileged account.  You
should see a character menu in a character mode interface like a terminal
emulator or serial terminal.  In a X Windows enviromrnt then you should see
a GUI interface that is mouse driven.

In all my days in AIX, SMIT is a really great tool and there is a function
key that will show you the series of commands that the SMIT will exccute so
you can learn or modify wehat SMIT is doing under the covers.

I believe that the link that I sent you was the link that had AIX
installable binaries on it.  If not then I will send you the link to Bull's
AIX freeware site and they have AIX installables.

http://www.bullfreeware.com/download/aix43/expect-5.31.5.0.exe

BTW, Yes, AIX can mount and host NFS shares and can connect to and serve
Linux shares.
Have fun :)
Todd Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>