-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Link,
Chuck M
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 11:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Hardhats-members] MUMPS for Mac OS X?

I've been awaiting an M for OS X also.  Having been talking to a couple
of the IS folks, it sounds like Cache for OS X really will happen soon.
I'm also looking to try M and CPRS via Virtual PC on my G4 laptop.
(I've caught hell at previous meetings for lugging three laptops
around.)

Sounds like a new sub-group of the VistA Community is brewing.  :-)

Just one of the beauties of OS X is that very nice development tools are
included in the price of admission.  There's nothing extra to buy to
create Mac apps.  (They're taken from the NeXT, which was damn sweet to
develop on.)  Maybe we could come up with a client object for the Kernel
Broker that could be used with OS X's Interface Builder.  I'm looking
forward to Cache for OS X, but it really isn't needed to do client-side
development for OS X, or any OS, is it?.

Chuck

of Floyd Dennis

(http://www.intersystems.com/cache/technology/cache51/features/index.htm
l) ,
> v5.1 support for OS X will be limited to a "deployment platform"
(presumably
> a runtime version), and not a full-blown development configuration.
Yet.