If you put the condition on the command, it controls the entire command, while the argument's condition further refines it.  One way I could see doing it, would be to factor out a common AND term to the command condition.

Greg Woodhouse wrote:
How about both?

I personally pefer the command:condition syntax. I think someone
(Maury?) posted a reason why it may be preferable to postconditionalize
the argument, but I don't recall what it was.

--- Kevin Toppenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On this same topic...

which is correct?

Option 1: goto:(i>1) SomeLabel
or
Option 2: goto SomeLabel:(i>1)

According to what is writen below, I would think
Option 2, but I found the following line in XUP that
looks like option 1.

if ($get(DUZ)'>0)!(('$data(DUZ(0)))) do ASKDUZ^XUP
goto:Y'>0 XUPAbort

thanks
Kevin

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Your intuition is correct.
only three Standard MUMPS commands have
postconditional operators that apply
to their arguments.The DO command, the GOTO command,
and the XECUTE command.

Quick question:

if I see a command like this:

DO RTN1,RTN2,RTN3:(A>1)

Then does the postconditional operator affect the
calling of functions RTN1 & RTN2 & RTN3, or just

RTN3?

I think it is just RTN3

Thanks

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com

Sybase ASE Linux Express Edition - download now

for FREE

LinuxWorld Reader's Choice Award Winner for best

database on Linux.

Sybase ASE Linux Express Edition - download now for
FREE
LinuxWorld Reader's Choice Award Winner for best
database on Linux.

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com

=====
A practical man is a man who practices the errors of his forefathers. --Benjamin Disraeli
====
Greg Woodhouse