-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tyrus
Maynard
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 8:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] FileMan for GT.M

Wolfgang,
  I will also go back to your earlier posting on DINIT  I mentioned you
in the "extraction" camp only because you started with a full
installation (yes, selective use is not the same as isolating your
learning space from other available routines using an extraction) .
  JLZ has similarly advocated expedient selective use ( as I quote from
another thread) " If diamond is not available, I would install openvista
semiviva 0.4 and ignore  most of that, keep to a name/numberspace, and
draw upon the rest when it suits the task."
  When I get back to my Vista machine perhaps I should join your camp,
although my goal is not  personal use based on experience, it will be
just for learning.
  For that primordial purpose I am a little distrustful of having too
many addon routines standing by...but I don't know  what should be
considered the ideal Fileman Lite or Fileman+  ... not to mention the
strategy for isolating it on GTM.
  When I learned to swim they just threw me in (that was the supervised
method of the day). In returning to this threadname, I am just asking
for  which is the shallow end of the pool and with rescuers available,
it may not matter which end you start in.
Thanks for clarification

Rusty