Kevin, The most likely cause of the NetCall error that you observed is that the call to $$NEWJOB^XWBTCPL failed. When this call fails it is most likely due to a VOLUME SET name conflict between XWBVOL, which takes its value from the second ^-piece of the return variable Y after Xecuting ^%ZOSF("UCI"), and the name specified in the VOLUME SET multiple of the KERNEL SYSTEM PARAMETERS file.

If the name in the KERNEL SYSTEM PARAMETERS file is not the same as the one computed in Xecute ^%ZOSF("UCI") then change the name in the VOLUME SET multiple of the KERNEL SYSTEM PARAMETERS to be the same.

Lloyd

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Toppenberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Hardhats Sourceforge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 1:05 PM
Subject: [Hardhats-members] CPRS connection problems

Well, I am finally to the point where I want to
connect to my VistA system with CPRS.  I had so much
trouble with connecting on one of my earlier practice
systems that I have dreaded this step, but here I am.

I think I have all my kernel, rpc etc parameters set
appropriately.

I run the RPC Broker tester program and get the
following error:

Error Encountered.
Function was: NetCall
Error was:M Error - use ^XTER

So I go to my server, log in and type do ^XTER.  It
asks me for a date or error text.  I type in today's
date and 'NetCall' and 'M Error' -- all which return
not errors.

Any thoughts?  Thanks

------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/ _______________________________________________ Hardhats-members mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hardhats-members