The submananagers are the proceses that actually do the work (the
thread pool, if you will). It Taskman goes long enough without any work
to do, th submanagers will shut down anyway. But the manager will
always start submanagers when they are needed. Off the top of my head,
I'm not sure if submanagers will still pick up tasks if Taskman is in a
wait state.

Does anyone know?

--- Kevin Toppenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OK Nick,
>
> When I use the menu system to call XUTM WAIT, it asks
> if submanagers should be shut down (I answered NO).
> It then says: Done.  I then do option XUTM ZTMON, and
> it does not show taskman in a wait state.  Perhaps
> because I didn't stop the submanagers...
>
> Don't worry about answering this.  All's well that
> ends well.
>
> Thanks
> Kevin
>
> --- Nick James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The output of D ^ZTMON will show the submanagers as
> > in
> > waiting state.
> > Bye
> > Nick
> >
> > --- Kevin Toppenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Nick,
> > >
> > > I just played with putting my Taskman into and
> > then
> > > back out of the wait state.
> > >
> > > I couldn't immediately tell that it was in the
> > wait
> > > state.  How did you tell it was stuck in wait?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Kevin

> > as
> > their
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > only
> > the
> > you
> > > changed
> > and
> > that
> > from

> > one

> > > where
> > the

> > > the
> > on
> > with
> > the
> > this
> > > other
> > > my
> > > problems

> > > file
> > > "Waiting
> > over

> > > around

> > couple
> > > of

> > run

> > > receive

> > > am

> === message truncated ===

=====
A practical man is a man who practices the errors of his forefathers.
--Benjamin Disraeli
====
Greg Woodhouse