I'm aiming toward Boston and I'm attempting to fancy up Bhaskar's
install/run script. My ultimate goal is to include the installation of m2web
into the scripts:

1.) I've added a test to ...OpenVistA/vista to switch from Xdialog to plain
old dialog in the absence of Xwindows, like so:

###
if [[ -z $DISPLAY ]] ; then dialog --infobox "X not running" 0 0 ;
$vista_source/dvista ; exit 1
   fi
###

1b.) ?? How do I add a test for the <<absence>> of Xdialog itself??

2.) Now I have a new script "...OpenVistA/dvista" that uses dialog instead
of Xdialog. I will post that here if anyone needs it before Boston.

3.) I've added a menu option to do a rundown to both scripts. This works
nicely and can be branched to on exit from GTM> so the user can agree to
rundown routinely:

case $action in

  "Run")                    ...snip
  "Erase")                  ...snip
  "Install (and run)")      ...snip
;;
  "Rundown") clear
            `$gtm_dist/mupip rundown -r "*"`
            Xdialog --infobox "rundown finished" 0 0 6000 ; exit 1
;;
esac

3.) The addition of m2web's installation is giving me trouble, partly
because Jim Self uses environmental variables differently.
>From m2web-vista-cgi:

#!/bin/bash
#invoke GT.M for M2Web CGI
export m2web="/usr/local/m2web"
export vista_home="/usr/local/vista/OpenVistA"
export gtm_sysid="vista.net"
export gtm_dist="/usr/local/gtm"
export gtm_log="$gtm_dist/log"
export gtmgbldir="$vista_home/g/mumps.gld"
export gtmroutines="$vista_home/o($m2web/w $vista_home/r) $gtm_dist"

Bhaskar's script uses $vista_source where Jim's has $vista_home.
And Bhaskar uses $vista_home for the location of the directory in which
Vista will run.

Guidance from Bhaskar and Jim would be appreciated.

regards,
jlz   .... better grandfather than programmer.

Bhaskar, KS wrote:

> [KSB] If you are still in the process of setting up GT.M and the
> environment (vs. configuring VistA itself), let me suggest a much faster
> alternative.  You will need Xdialog (http://xdialog.dyns.net) on your PC
> for this approach.
>
> Download an OpenVistA SemiVivA file (either OpenVistA SemiVivA 0.4 or
> OpenVistA SemiVivA FOIA Gold 20050212), say to /Distrib/OpenVistA.  The
> following will install GT.M and OpenVistA (replace the filename in the
> second line with appropriate name of downloaded file):

Healthcare, a human right.