One could argue that it is not fine to put the $G there.  There should never be a case in a good database that ^AUPNPAT(Y,0) exists and ^DPT(Y,0) does not exist.  If that happens something is wrong in your database and it needs to be cleaned up.  I have seen ^AUPNPAT(Y,0) nodes exist when the corresponding ^DPT(Y,0) nodes did not exist on a system running Cache just for the record.  If you put the $G in you may never know that you have a bad node and who knows what else that bad node may do?  I would suggest not putting in the $G.

Jim Gray

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] Fileman drop-out on pointer update

It should be fine to put the $G in there.  There can't be any unforeseen consequences to having it there.  In fact, as you found, there are unforeseen consequences to NOT having it there.  As I mentioned, it would be good to have someone review these SCR nodes to see if there are any other potential problems.

Marianne Follingstad
301 251 0139

Kevin Toppenberg wrote:

Marianne,

Thanks for your help.

Following your instructions:
GTM>zwr ^AUPNPAT(0)
^AUPNPAT(0)="PATIENT/IHS^9000001sIP^14861^1510"

GTM>zwr ^DD(9000001,0,"SCR")
^DD(9000001,0,"SCR")="X ""I '$P(^DPT(Y,0),U,19)"" W
$E(^AUPNPAT(Y,0),0)"

So you are right.  This is the source of the line that
caused the drop-out.

I had suggested: It looks like the "^DPT(Y,0)" ought
to be "$G(^DPT(Y,0))"

So I could put that change here.  But I'm note sure if
that would have other unforseen consequenses.

Is this really a 'bug'?  Or is it one of those funny
database-needs-to-be-rundown type situations?

Thanks
Kevin

--- Marianne Susaanti Follingstad