Yes, CD Light is a company which sells various repackaged versions of the
postal services data.
The file xu_8_p292_license.txt in the packages\Kernel - XU directory
mentions an enterprise license
is necessary to use the data and basically each site needs to procure one.

The foia kids file for patch 292 didn't include the data. (of course!) But
someone out there has written
the routines necessary to take the CD Light CD's data and bring it into
vista.  Then, it looks like
the data is exported through a kids file to the sites.

I'm looking for those routines - I'm hoping not to write them myself.
Having an interface to
the postal service data has been a project we have wanted to pursue for
some time.
Our front desk and lab people enter lots of addresses in very creative
ways and we have to spend time to clean them up...

Regards,
Charles
Charles Lambrecht
Manager - Computer Operations
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                       (865) 974-5742
University of TN College of Veterinary Medicine

Kevin Toppenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
04/15/2005 08:42 PM
Please respond to
hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net

hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Hardhats-members] Fileman Export to Foreign format tool.  (Was
Hospital Cost analysis)

Is "CD Light" a provider of zip+4 numbers?

I would think that they would be in .xls spreadsheet format, which can be
imported with fileman routines.

Kevin

Charles G Lambrecht/HOSPOPS/VET/UTIA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
One of the hidden gems I found while doing patching to our system was the
support for zip+4 national database.  The foia version stripped out the
data but the license txt file mentioned the company CD Light and what
proper version of the license to purchase.

 I'm curious - what is the mechanism for taking CD Light's data and
getting into the proper files? Is there a hidden routine in the foia
version for doing this?

Thanks upfront for any information anyone can provide!
Charles
Make Yahoo! your home page