Note that it's the "strong form" that's discredited, not that there is no
relationship between phylogeny and ontogeny.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin
Toppenberg
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 1:39 PM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] He isn't heavy he is VistA and lots of
whats... a rant... and a song...

I know what you mean, and perhaps its true for
VistA,but the "law of recapitulation" has been
discredited since the beginning of the twentieth
century.  A nit-picking point, I know.  But why it
continues to be repeated is beyone me--except that it
sounds so cool...

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/haeckel.html
(see the last paragraph)

Kevin