Ismet,

Comments below:

--- "Ismet Kursunoglu, MD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I did a fresh install/config using Bhaskar's
> VistAFOIA20050227 to a
> server/demo laptop and tried to connect over a local
> switch here with
> CPRS 1.0.25.28 (another laptop running
> Debian/Sarge)- it presents the
> login and then complains about the now famous
> ActiveX control, and
> finally hangs with this screenshot summing it all up
> -
>
> http://www.alaskaclinic.com/cprswine.png

The standard CPRS has a TWebBrowser object that has to
be cut out.  Only the CPRS with the custom splash
screen has the modifications.

> The server laptop is running Debian
> 2.6.8-10-amd64-k8 with
> /etc/apt/sources.list being "deb
> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64/ sid
> main non-free contrib"
> with the 32 compat layer installed.
>
> Some of the output from the wine session follows. I
> know that Nancy and
> Aric had worked on getting this to work and I was
> wondering if there was
> any simple solution available? The wine version is
> 20050310 and as a
> side note it is now running QuickBooks 6.0 perfectly
> on the same laptop.
>
> I tried running the "fixed" version from Kevin's
> site
> http://69.68.182.66/downloads/OpenVista/wine-CPRS
> but after login there is a complaint screen about
> server/client
> incompatibility. Screen shot at ->
>
> http://www.alaskaclinic.com/serverclient.png
>
> Is this generally the case with CPRS versions
> following the particular
> Vista server release? Can the same juju be applied
> to CPRS 1.0.25.28? Or
> does the Codeweavers product give me the "fix" for
> any version of CPRS?

I wish that server enhancements were backward
compatible, but they are not.  So the server has to
match the CPRS client.

We only worked on 1.0.25.15.  Yes, the same changes
could be made for 1.0.25.28, but it is a matter of
sitting down and modifying the code.  Nancy has the
source code that I modified.  I forgot to get a copy
of it before I left.  I tried to put a "//kt" beside
every modification I put in the code, so one could
search for those in the current version and copy them
to a newer version.

Another question is whether you can get back to an
older version of the server if you wanted to use the
current version.

Also, Rick announced a new formal version of OpenVistA
to be released after the R&D meeting in Seattle.  I'm
not sure which server version that will include.  We
will have to get a wine-CPRS to match that.

> I am still in the NYC area - I have met informally
> with a few medical
> groups (small to large/enterprise) and talked in
> general about the
> WorldVista project (in addition to many other
> topics)- so far there has
> been a huge amount of interest. It is going to be
> very helpful to get my
> new clinic up and running on this platform/solution
> - as seeing is
> believing.
>
> I was also thinking that it might be helpful, as
> others have mentioned,
> to run a more full featured demo site in parallel as
> I bring up our
> internal production system - i.e. one that would
> allow anyone to connect
> and see what a working VistA system is like. I would
> be more than happy
> to host such demo projects on the alaskaclinic.com
> site.

I.e. our own demo site, perhaps with the wine-enabled
software.  Users could use vnc to connect to your box.

Good luck on everything.