What exactly is VistaWeb? I downloaded the pdf documents for technical and user
manual,
but they appeared to be broken when I attempted to view in KDE.

I seem to recall something about read-only access to some VistA data.

I also can't download the packages from the VA ftp site because of something
non-standard
in the bisonware server there.