Now here's an interesting paragraph from the link
below:

Although VistA is not open-source software, at least
one vendor, Medsphere Systems Corp., is marketing an
open-source version of it. However, the Aliso Viejo,
Calif., company is selling its product only to
hospitals at this time, said Scott Shreeve, MD, chief
medical officer and a co-founder of Medsphere

;-)
Kevin

http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2005/04/11/bisa0411.htm