There is an ALTERNATE EDITOR file (I think I got the name right) that provides a platform independent mechanism for invoking editors (much as

This is what I found. I am running GT.M V5.0-FT01 Linux x86 (under debian-pure64 sid with emulation) and VistA FOIA20050227 from Bhaskar.

**********
OUTPUT FROM WHAT FILE: ALTERNATE EDITOR//

  -A- SEARCH FOR ALTERNATE EDITOR FIELD: ?
    Answer with FIELD NUMBER, or LABEL
   Choose from:
   .01          NAME
   1            ACTIVATION CODE FROM DIWE
   2            OK TO RUN TEST
   3            RETURN TO CALLING EDITOR
   7            DESCRIPTION   (word-processing)

  -A- SEARCH FOR ALTERNATE EDITOR FIELD:

Would it be possible to evoke ZEDIT and have it display for example with Mailman or for that matter anywhere else in VistA? I would think not.