Greg Woodhouse wrote:
>I know that one reason I have tended to shy away from Linux is that I
>have been unable to find a vendor that sells and/or supports Linux on a
>notebook.

I am not a Linux expert although I have become quite comfortable with it and
use it almost
exclusively now. I first learned to use Linux on a laptop and I have been using
Linux on
various laptops from Gateway and Dell since Redhat 7.1 and 233MHz. I suppose
it's a good
thing that I and others of us were unaware that it couldn't be done. ;)