-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin
Toppenberg
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:23 PM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] XML data export

OK.  So it would be most helpful to do one's XML
export using tags that everyone agrees on.  But this
is apparently still an evolving area, where consensus
has not been reached.

So in the mean time, I think I will try to design a my
XML export system such that the end user can choose to
simply use the data labels for individual fields, or
optionally specify different XML tags.

Kevin

--- Greg Woodhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Everybody does seem to be getting. I just went to
OMG to download the
MOF standard, and notice that on their main page
they are talking about
their involvement with EHR standards, too. Of
course, there is HL7 who,
in addition to the RIM and CDA has an EHR-S effort
underway. I know
about CCR, but it's only a small part of what ASTM
is doing. I've been
looking at the OpenEHR web site, but am still trying
to digest it at
see if I can get a handle on what is genuinely new
about archetypes. I
think the language is a bit confusing, because in
mathematical logic,
ontologies typically refer to what is left if you
omit contingent
information from your model (actually a model is
basically an ontology
+ contingent information).

--- "A. Forrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

There are ASTM standards on the  Structure and
Conent of the EHR that
are
consistent with ADA standards on the EHR; These
are conceptual
content
standards that have had historic support of AHIMA.
Thye also have
some
consistency with HL7 messaaging structures and
have been in touch
with the
Open EHR folks. Efforts are underway to reactivate
a dilaog that
began in
1995 on a "Common Data Model" but subsequently
many went of to play
"king
of the Mountain" in their pigeonholes. A key issue
currently is to
map the
"Continuity of Care Record - CCR" to the existing
EHR models and then
VistA. VistA has a lot of representing and EHR as
a series of text
(date-timed) but the recent Report of the ONCHIT
clealry noted to
tension
be tween structured models for the EHR and those
for structured text(

which is just electronic represntation of paper
record notes). WHat
is of
interest for VistA is what its eveolutionary
trajectory will be with
respect to this conceptual content and how it will
fit into the
"business
model" of healthcare which ( according to IOM
2003) is patient
Centered
care and Multidisciplinary teams; Resource
Management is supportive
and
enabling but has had prime focus for 40 yrs (at
least). economists
have
noted that when healthacre recognbizes that the
business model for
healthcare in not that of a supermarket it will
progress. A key
question:
Is the DVA now using a Supermarket Model and
worrying about
Technology as
prime focus or is it really (as the 2005
Person-Centered heslth
record
Book tries to say) looking at the REAL Healthcare
business model?
Time
will tell.