Greg Woodhouse wrote:
>Off hand, I don't know, but members of this list do seem to have a
>tendency to "plug" GT.M (presumably because it is open source).
>Personally, I think we'd all benefit from a little more vendor
>neutrality.

I am not a vendor and neither is GT.M. I mention GT.M (and Linux and Apache)
because that
is what I use and know best and because GT.M on Linux is a completely Open
Source (Free)
implementation of MUMPS that can form the basis for totally free installations
of VistA
and other MUMPS based information systems and applications, including M2Web and
VMACS,

At the moment, GT.M is the only Free (Open Source) MUMPS implementation that
has been
taken seriously enough by VistA developers to make VistA work on it. I believe
that
MUMPS_V1 implements enough of the MUMPS standard that VistA could be made to
run on it
quite well, but that has not been done yet as far as I know.