From: Greg Kreis
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] help with vista

If memory serves me, I seem to recall Break could be used in some M implementations to drop into programmer mode, so I am wondering how programmer mode is achieved in GT.M.

Calling GT.M Kernel experts....  ;-)

Greg Woodhouse wrote:
The MUMPS language includes a BREAK command, which is simply an
explicit breakpoint for debugging. (There are other ways of setting
breakpoints, too). According to VA coding standards, this command is
not allowed in released code, so someone must have put it there and
neglected to remove it. (Note: it will most likely be abbreviated B in
the source code.)

--- Samuel Fontanez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi my name is Samuel and i am trying to run the last

version of OpenVista Semiviva in GTM version 5.00
but i can't loggin as a programmer when i arrive to
programmer mode it is giving me an error. I will

show

you the error:

 KIDS   Kernel Installation & Distribution System
   PG     Programmer mode
          Delete Unreferenced Options
          Error Processing ...
          Global Block Count
          Routine Tools ...

Select Programmer Options Option: PG  Programmer

mode

%GTM-I-BREAK, Break instruction encountered
                At M source location
PRGMODE+4^%ZOSVSelect Systems Manager Menu Option:

that is the error, i think that i am not setting

very

well the variable that grant me permision to

programer

mode, that is why it won't let me go further in the
menu.

Also if you can help me with the vista documentation

anything that you can send will be very apreciate.

Thanks for your time,
Samuel.

September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle
Practices
Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams * Testing
& QA
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement *
http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf

Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more
to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery