During the hang press CTRL-C, this will break the session, you can then see what exactly was going on by viewing the symbol table as well as what linetag^routine was being executed.  You can better troubleshoot from there.

Hangs like you describe could be caused by an array of things, journal file not being writeable, storage medium failure, write access prohibited, etc.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Usha
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:12 AM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] NEW PERSON entry not allowed

If the user does not have rights to add to a file, the system should show
two question marks (??) for erroneous response... But here the system just
hangs on pressing enter after entering the name of the patient. (After
giving the user "@" access)
I am facing this on the OpenVistA SemiVivA 0.4.
Usha