In the past if I shut down Cache all of the way, including under Services in
the Control Panel, I could switch out the Cache.dat for a new one and start
it up with no problem.  That was a quick way to avoid reentering the mappings
and test something quickly.

Now if I do that, Cache will not start.

I understand there is some way to sort of "unmount" the database and switch it
out safely, but I have yet to discover where that is.  Can anybody tell me
how to do that?