I am going to take a stab at this from what I know from using apt on my
system, thanks to my son who takes good care of my Linux issues when he is
available.

I suspect that you have to define what servers apt is allowed to use.  In
Debian, that is done in /etc/apt/sources.list .  This is the beginning of
mine:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
#deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Sarge_ - Official Snapshot i386 Binary-3
(20041217)]/ unstable contrib main
#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Sarge_ - Official Snapshot i386 Binary-2
(20041217)]/ unstable contrib main
#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Sarge_ - Official Snapshot i386 Binary-1
(20041217)]/ unstable contrib main

deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sarge/non-US main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sarge main

#deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ etch main

#deb http://security.debian.org/ unstable/updates main contrib
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sid main

etc.
*************
After you define your servers, you can see if you can get apache2 by using
apt-cache search

#apt-cache search apache2
apache-utils - utility programs for webservers (transitional package)
apache2-mpm-threadpool - experimental high speed model for Apache2
(transitional package)
libapache-mod-auth-mysql - Apache module for MySQL authentication
libapache-mod-dav - A DAV module for Apache
libapache-ruby1.8 - Ruby libraries for mod_ruby
libapache2-mod-auth-mysql - Apache 2 module for MySQL authentication
libapache2-mod-auth-pam - module for Apache2 which authenticate using PAM
libapache2-mod-auth-plain - Module for Apache2 which provides plaintext
authentication
libapache2-mod-auth-sys-group - Module for Apache2 which checks user against
system group
libapache2-mod-jk2 - Apache 2.0 connector for the Tomcat Java servlet engine
libapache2-mod-macro - Create macros inside apache2 config files
libapache2-mod-proxy-html - Apache2 filter module for HTML links rewriting
libapache2-mod-python - An Apache module that embeds Python within the server
libapache2-mod-python-doc - An Apache module that embeds Python within the
server
libapache2-mod-python2.2 - An Apache 2 module that embeds Python 2.2 within
theserver
libapache2-mod-python2.3 - An Apache 2 module that embeds Python 2.3 within
theserver
libapache2-mod-rpaf - module for Apache2 which takes the last IP from the
'X-Forwarded-For' header
libapache2-mod-ruby - Embedding Ruby in the Apache2 web server
libapache2-mod-security - Tighten web applications security for Apache 2.x
libapache2-mod-xmlrpc2 - XMLRPC Server module for Apache2 web server
libapache2-redirtoservname - Apache 2 module to redirect users to the
canonicalhostname
mod-security-common - Tighten web applications security - common files
adzapper - proxy advertisement zapper add-on
apache2 - next generation, scalable, extendable web server
apache2-common - next generation, scalable, extendable web server
apache2-doc - documentation for apache2
apache2-mpm-perchild - experimental high speed perchild threaded model for
Apache2
apache2-mpm-prefork - traditional model for Apache2
apache2-mpm-worker - high speed threaded model for Apache2
apache2-prefork-dev - development headers for apache2
apache2-threaded-dev - development headers for apache2
apache2-utils - utility programs for webservers
libapache-mod-jk-doc - Documentation of libapache-mod-jk/libapache2-mod-jk
packages
libapache-mod-php4 - server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (apache 1.3
module)
libapache-mod-php5 - server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (apache 1.3
module)
libapache2-mod-apreq2 - generic Apache request library - Apache module
libapache2-mod-auth-kerb - apache2 module for Kerberos authentication
libapache2-mod-auth-pgsql - Module for Apache2 which provides pgsql
authentication
libapache2-mod-cband - An Apache 2 module for bandwidth limiting the webserver
libapache2-mod-chroot - run Apache in a secure chroot environment
libapache2-mod-encoding - Apache2 module for non-ascii filename
interoperability
libapache2-mod-fcgid - an alternative module compat with mod_fastcgi
libapache2-mod-jk - Apache 2 connector for the Tomcat Java servlet engine
libapache2-mod-layout - Apache2 web page content wrapper
libapache2-mod-ldap-userdir - Apache2 module that provides UserDir lookups via
LDAP
libapache2-mod-musicindex - Browse, stream, download and search through
MP3/Oggfiles
libapache2-mod-ngobjweb - Apache2 module for the SOPE application server
libapache2-mod-perl2 - Integration of perl with the Apache2 web server
libapache2-mod-perl2-dev - Integration of perl with the Apache2 web server -
development files
libapache2-mod-perl2-doc - Integration of perl with the Apache2 web server -
documentation
libapache2-mod-php4 - server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (apache
2.0module)
libapache2-mod-php5 - server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (apache
2.0module)
libapache2-mod-scgi - Apache module implementing the SCGI protocol.
libapache2-mod-suphp - Apache2 module to run php scripts with the owner
permissions
libapache2-mod-vhost-ldap - Apache 2 module for Virtual Hosting from LDAP
libapache2-modxslt - XSLT processing module for Apache 2.0.x based on libxml2
libapache2-request-perl - generic Apache request library - Perl modules
libapache2-svn - apache modules for Subversion (aka. svn)
libapache2-webauth - Apache 2 modules for WebAuth authentication
libapache2-webkdc - Apache 2 modules for a WebAuth authentication KDC
libapr0 - the Apache Portable Runtime
mod-chroot-common - run Apache in a secure chroot environment
mod-musicindex-common - Common files for mod-musicindex
modxslt-doc - Documentation for modxslt
mono-apache-server - backend for mod_mono Apache module
php4-cgi - server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (CGI binary)
php5-cgi - server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (CGI binary)
rt3.4-apache2 - Apache 2 specific files for request-tracker3.4
torrus-apache - Universal front-end for Round-Robin Databases (for apache 1.x)
torrus-apache2 - Universal front-end for Round-Robin Databases (for apache
2.x)
torrus-common - Universal front-end for Round-Robin Databases (common files)
libapache2-mod-fastcgi - Apache 2 FastCGI module for long-running CGI scripts
libembperl-perl - A system for building dynamic websites with Perl
libapache2-mod-authz-ldap - Module for Apache2 which provides LDAP
authentication/authorization
Once you have found it, I strongly suspect apt with take acare of apache in
the process of installing apache2, but I don't know that for sure.