I should have written "files I don't plan to bring over to VistA." Below is
a short screen dump from VPE. I didn't include pointers, since they account
for over 30 lines.  I should also mention the "new" file I created for
transfer to VistA.
Listed below:
  A.) FILE NAME:------------- MAW VARFILE        F.) FILE ACCESS:

  B.) FILE NUMBER:----------- 9999002                DD______ @
                                                     Read____ @
  C.) NUM OF FLDS:----------- 113                    Write___ @
                                                     Delete__ @
  D.) DATA GLOBAL:----------- ^MAWVAR(9999002,       Laygo___ @

  E.) TOTAL GLOBAL ENTRIES:-- 22658             G.) PRINTING STATUS:-- Off

Hope this gives some idea of the name/number space.

thurman