Kevin an Mike;

   We have been discussing amoungst ourselves about coming up with a
mechanism for local elaboration.  Just like with most firewalls, there is a
set of IP addresses which are to be used at the end user's discretion, we
hope to declair a file range and convention which will be available to the
end user to use for local enhancments.  While I don't have the authority to
be diffinitive about the details, perhaps we can discuss this here and come
up with a standard which we can all live with.

   I would suggest;

  File Numbers range from 99900000-99990000
  Package namespace range from ZZA-ZZzz
  Package specific globals should begin with; ^ZZ

  In that these packages are not generally for export, they will not
conflict with any recognized package or any enhancement which WortldVistA
will ever release.  As long as these guidelines are observed, then sites can
develop local applications with impunity.  If they develop something that
they wish to share, then WorldVistA will be happy to help evaluate and
re-locate the package to an assigned namespace.  This provides every site
with the cpability to expand and enhance without fear of being overwritten
by WorldVistA Releases.

Cameron;   Is this close to any directives from the SAC?

    Best wishes;   Chris