On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 19:11, Alan Rubin wrote:
> Ubuntu has integrated LTSP into it's distribution..
> LTSP is Linux Terminal Server Project, and is a marvelous setup worth
> investigating since it is so incredibly cost efective.
> Diskless workstations, recycled from older pc's boot w/ applications
> that are all driven server side.
> This feature is an incredible resource for both budget strapped
> implementations...

With all due respect, not to start a flame war, all of this is BUILT
into X already.

Why the never ending head banging promotion of LTSP.  Its always been
beyond me.  X just DOES this already for no extra change.  In fact, this
is the very core of X windows usability.  Even when it talks to clients
on the same workstation it views them as "terminals"

Ruben