Take a look at step 97 of the Install instructions on the Hardhats web site.
Use D Q ^DI Edit Enter to fix the device file and see if that helps

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 09:50, Alex Waugh wrote:
I am installing Vista with Cache 5 on Windows 2003.

The problem I am having is with step 43.  I am getting the message:

HOME DEVICE DOES NOT EXIST IN THE DEVICE FILE

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM MANAGER!

TRY LATER

From what I have read this is a common problem.  I read the fix in the
Wiki, which is as follows:

1.      login using the device
2.      enter programming mode (if not part of login process)
3.      use the MUMPS command

        1.      WRITE "<<",$IO,">>",!

4.      go into programmer's FileMan

        1.      DO P^DI

5.      lookup the device specified in the VA FileMan DEVICE File.

        1.      VA FileMan 22.0
        2.      Select OPTION: INQUIRE TO FILE ENTRIES
        3.      OUTPUT FROM WHAT FILE: NEW PERSON// DEVICE (32 entries)
        4.      Select DEVICE NAME:

6.      input the name of the device printed above (between the << and

>> )

7.      if it is found, make sure the field SIGN-ON/SYSTEM DEVICE: is
set to YES
8.      if it is not found, decide if the DEVICE should be a virtual
device or not, and then add it to the VA FileMan DEVICE File.

This did not fix my problem.

I read through the mail list archives.  I tried this:

VA FileMan 22.0

Select OPTION: 1 ENTER OR EDIT FILE ENTRIES
INPUT TO WHAT FILE: OPTION// DEVICE (38 entries)
EDIT WHICH FIELD: ALL//
Select DEVICE NAME: TELNET TELNET |TNT|
NAME: TELNET//
LOCATION OF TERMINAL: TELNET//
Select MNEMONIC:
LOCAL SYNONYM:
$I: |TNT|// /dev/pts
VOLUME SET(CPU):
SIGN-ON/SYSTEM DEVICE: YES//
TYPE: VIRTUAL TERMINAL//
SUBTYPE: C-VT320// C-VT100
1 C-VT100 Digital Equipment Corporation VT-100 video
2 C-VT100HIGH Normal display of characters in BOLD !
CHOOSE 1-2: 1 C-VT100 Digital Equipment Corporation VT-100 video
ASK DEVICE: YES//
ASK PARAMETERS: YES// ??
On devices of TYPE 'TRM' and 'VTRM', this field controls
if the 'RIGHT MARGIN' question is asked after selecting the device.
On devices of TYPE 'MT', 'SDP', 'BAR', and 'OTH', this field controls
if the 'ADDRESS/PARAMETERS' question is asked after selecting the
device
.

Choose from:
1 YES
0 NO
ASK PARAMETERS: YES// ^

 Also did not work.  Does anyone have any other ideas?  I realize I must
be missing something pretty simple.

Thanks,

Alex