Kevin,

Microsoft's Virtual Server 2005 R2 documentation seems to emphasize compatability with Windows Servers. I haven't tried it but I did download Parallels Workstation, which installed fine, although I couldn't boot Suse linux, but then I realized that the DVD I had was the 64 bit version, which wouldn't run on my 32 bit laptop, real or virtual.

Mike

Kevin Toppenberg wrote:
Thanks Ken,

I had decided to do just what you advised.  But then I discovered that
VMPlayer advises that it not be run on a server that is a Windows
domain controller (I don't know why).

So I next decided to download VMWare Server which is avail as a free
download (in beta).  I installed it, and it promply crashed my server,
throwing everyone in a mess during the middle of the day.  So I have
given up for right now. :-)

Thanks for your help.
Kevin