From: Nancy Anthracite [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:43 PM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] Project update

Agreed.  The installation scripts and all are nice, but still, you have
learned a remarlable amount quickly.  Congratulations!

On Thursday 25 May 2006 16:24, Kevin Toppenberg wrote:
On 5/25/06, Matthew King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> drive backup. Does anyone have any backup software suggestions? Is
that a
> CRON duty?

I wrote a bash script that does the mupip backup stuff, saving it to a
/tmp directory.  Then the backup solution could pick it up from there.
 I actually use rsync to send it to another computer.

> The second install went like clockwork. I had it downloaded, installed
and
> the primary configuration done in less than 60 minutes!

Gosh, either it has gotten much easier, or you are much smarter than I
was.  It took me much longer! IT IS THE INSTALL SCRIPT. THE FIRST TIME I
CONFIGURED VISTA, IT TOOK ME 3 WEEKS, SO WE'RE NOT TALKING BRAINS HERE!!

> Then I went to my desktop and downloaded (from the Hui site) and
configured
> Putty and CPRS according to the directions in the HuiOpenVista4 quick
> install manual. Both worked perfectly! I did the secondary
configuration
> (using the Quick Start Configuration Guide v1.0 from the Hui site)
using
> Putty. This also went well, except when I tried to use D ^ZU to get to
> fileman, it failed. I found out you need to use D ^HUILOGIN (like the
> manual says).

So the login has changed?  I wonder why that was done...

I configured an IRM, CAC, Physician, Nurse, Office Manager and Clinic

> (I couldn't put our real appt templates in, because the computer kept
> complaining it would not fit on one line. Any suggestions?)

The most common suggestion I have heard is to simply NOT use VistA for
appointments.  Doesn't your PMS do your scheduling?  You don't need
appointments to put in progress notes. YES, OUR PMS DOES GREAT
SCHEDULING. IF WE DON'T NEED TO DO IT WE WON'T USE IT.

> I added a test patient and did a note. I couldn't sign it because I
forgot
> to set my electronic signature.

Did you figure out how to do that? YES. IT'S NOT ON THE CONFIG
INSTRUCTIONS BECAUSE EVERY PROVIDER IS SUPPOSED TO DO IT THEMSELVES. IT
BRINGS UP A SERCUITY ISSUE, THOUGH, BECAUSE I IMAGINE THIS NEED TO BE
DONE THROUGH PUTTY. I GUESS I NEED A LOGIN SCRIPT TO AVOID BOTH THE
LINUX PROMPT AND THE GTM PROMPT, RIGHT?

Also I had trouble with recording it as a

> "visit". I'm assuming it is asking for EM codes, but I couldn't see
how to
> get them in there. Any insights?

I'm not following you here.  Is this from CPRS?  Are you talking about
how to specify the note type? I'M NOT SURE YET, I WILL EXPLORE IT.

> I also learned how to make TIU Objects (ehealth University Express,
CAC
> track) and will be making advanced templates. We track Asthma and
Diabetic
> patients and use guidelines throughout our clinics, so reminders and
> templates will be developed for that group first.

TIU Objects require mumps coding, right?  Do you have someone to do
that?  Or are you talking about templates in CPRS? THE TIU OBJECT EDITOR
IS NOT FOUND IN CPRS, BUT IN THE TIU PACKAGE. IT'S A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO
USE AT FIRST, BUT WILL GENERATE THE MUMPS CODE FOR YOU. IT'S PRETTY
COOL.

Strong work overall!