--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Jim;
>
>    In the past, I have put the files into PACKAGE File Entry and then
> extract the package as a DIFROM package. ...

Don't like KIDS, eh? DIFROM is the older release mechanism and has he
advantage of being independent of Kernel. For example, if you were to
install VistA from th ground up, you'd begin with Fileman, and then
install a standalone mini-KIDS via DIFROM, and then use it to bootstrap
your Kernel install. Once Kernel has been installed, you can pretty
much use it for everything, but DIFROM is still available. The
advantages of KIDS include the fact that it is much smarter about VistA
components, giving you finer control of the install and better vertsion
tracking. The disadvantage is that it's a bit more complicated, and you
do end up creating BUILD and PACKAGE entries. So, if your goal is to
surrepetitiously move data onto a system, it may not ber the tool for
you. :-)

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Metaphors be with you.