I could handle the hardware issues and I  expect the wiki traffic is not very
band width intensive, but the bad news is that I cannot host the wiki on port
80 as my ISP restricts it without a commercial connection.  That would mean a
commercial phone line and and more, a big increase in expense.

Note the URL of my file server for instance - the 8888

http://opensourcevista.net:8888/NancysVistAServer/

The VA will not allow connections to it on their browser from inside the
firewall.  I am guessing the nonstandard port is blocked.  So I suspect it
would not be a good idea for me to host it for that reason alone.