Remember that the site you pay with paypal gets your email address, so its hard to tell if Paypal is spamming you, or the site you bought from. I like paypal because people seem to trust it (perhaps blindly) and they have a subscription service that is appropriate for membership dues.

In any case having a membership link with any kind of payment processing is far more important than paypal, one way or another...

Thanks Joseph..
-FT