--- Matthew King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm suddenly getting messages that my Expert Order Checking is OOO.
>

> Here is what taskman is telling me: Device ORW/PXADI Resource is not
> available. The Problem Device Report tells me it hasn't been able to
> access it since Jun 4

A resource or (or resource device) is a "dummy" device, that is little
more than an entry in the DEVICE file. It doesn't correspond to any
kind of physical device, but since only one job can "own" a device,
it's a useful fiction for limiting the number of processes of a certain
type that can run, or synchronizing processes. On the management menu,
there's an option clear devices for blocked jobs.

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Metaphors be with you.