> Ismet, for some reason it is reverting back to the original Broker, so it
> won't be able to use a single port.  I don't know how you are trying to
> connect. If it is all on the same network and all of the PCs are trusted, it
> shouldn't be a problem.

I was able to install Windows 2000 Professional on two of the
workstations here for testing (I am told that MS Service Pack 4 -
which I understand is sort of like a newer kernel and a bunch of fixes
and enhancements - should be fairly secure, but I will need to read up
on Windows security) The network here has 96 (units of 4) RJ-45 jacks
leading to a wiring confluence in the server room. Right now I have
all of our devices (including the Asterisk VOIP server and phones) all
connected through one D-Link DGS-1024D (unmanaged) gig switch all
behind the firewall. (no services directly on the Internet)

> The way you can tell which Broker is that first it has [XWB] and then it
> tries
> again when it fails with the new Broker and goes to {XWB}.  (Note the
> brackets vs. curly braces.) It will try the new Broker first and fall back to
> the old one if it fails.

OK - thank you! That explains what I was seeing! No doubt it is in the
documentation, or teaching material, I just haven't gone through all of it.

> Do you happen to have any logs from before this all happened?  Maybe you were
> never using the new Broker anyway.

No, unfortunately. I am sorry about that but I just learned how to
turn on the RPC logging items today. (I had figured it was somehow on
by default)

>From Bhaskar and others are commenting it seems like the new style is the
way to connect.

--