You need to show us exactly what is going wrong when you try to run D ^%RI.  A
first pass guess it that you were not successful with the dos2unix conversion
of the file.  I am not familiar with the perl instructions used to do that.
I usually use dos2unix but, the key is, it has to work or D %RI does nothing.