Karthik --

In general, your approach is the right one.  However, in the case of the
June 15, 2006 release of FOIA VistA, this step also will not suffice.
This is because the VistA.rtn file for this release was exported in a
proprietary format rather than the common format for interchange of
routines between MUMPS implementations used in previous FOIA releases.
I am told that in the future this will revert to a non-proprietary format.

Meanwhile, please use FOIA VistA Semi VivA 20060615 (download from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/worldvista and follow instructions at
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=585447).  This will
install both the June 15, 2006, release of FOIA VistA as well as GT.M.

In general, you will find it easier to install FOIA VistA on GT.M from
FOIA VistA SemiVivA releases than doing it yourself from the raw
distribution on the VA's FTP site.

Regards
-- Bhaskar