The main GUI is CPRSChart, a thick client for clinicians run on a Windows
machine.  You have to start Taskman and the RPC Broker and set up a user in
the roll and scroll to utilize the GUI.  A Physician user needs a few things
set up in file 200 - The Keys PROVIDER and ORES, the CPRS TAB,  COR, the
secondary menu OR CPRS GUI CHART, the RESTRICT PATIENT SELECTION set to NO,
set the ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE CODE, DISUSER to NO, AUTHORIZED TO WRITE MED
ORDERS set to yes and an ACCESS CODE.

On Monday 24 July 2006 21:41, Karthik Krishnamoorthy wrote:
On 7/24/06, Gregory Woodhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2006, at 10:37 PM, Karthik Krishnamoorthy wrote:
>
> This is the problem I am getting now ..
>
>  GTM>D ^ZU
>
> Volume set: ROU:muruga  UCI: VAH  Device: /dev/pts/1
>
> ACCESS CODE: ******
> VERIFY CODE: ******
> Device: /dev/pts/1
>
> Not a valid ACCESS CODE/VERIFY CODE pair.
> I am entering the right access code but it does not seem to work, the same
> access code is accepted if I do D ^XUP.
>
> Am I missing something, would help any pointers or suggestions ..
>
> Thanks
> Karthikand
>

> Have you encountered the VERFY CODE prompt before? Remember that ^XUP is a
> programmer utility that isn't meant to be used as a normal method of
> signing in to VistA. When users do sign in, they will be asked for both
> access and verify codes (they are different). the idea is that when you
> create a new account, you can assign an access code and provide it to the
> user (e.g., in a sealed envelope), but you do not create a verify code, but
> just leave it blank. When the user signs in the first time, they only need
> hit enter at the VERIFY CODE prompt, but they will then be immediately
> prompted for a new one. That way, if someone should learn what access code
> you provided, that knowledge will not be enough to allow them to sign in.
> To sign in, it is necessary to know BOTH the access and verify codes. You
> can think of it as a two part password, one part assigned by the user, and
> the other by the system administrator. One problem with this scheme is that
> since the access code is also used to identify who is logging in (as a kind
> of login name and password combined), it cannot be aged but remains fixed.
> Users should be required to changed their verify codes periodically (say
> every 90 days) using the standard aging mechanism. But a brute force attack
> would involve entering both access and verify codes and, as you see, the
> system doesn't tell you which is wrong. That makes it difficult to obtain
> the access code without also knowing the verify code.
>
> Gregory Woodhouse
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks for the detailed answer, that cleared it up.
Is there a way to access the system using GUI ?
Also, do I need to setup taskman or other components for GUI requests ?

Thanks for all the help,
Karthik

"Interaction is the mind-body problem